Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Voices From The Street

It's been a while since I've read a new Philip K. Dick novel. I guess the only things that have been holding me back is the fact that A) I've read about 85% of his books already, and B) I prefer to read his books in their vintage form (with the super bugged out sci-fi covers), so those can be kind of pricey and hard to track down. I actually bought Voices From The Street when it first came out about a year ago, but was a bit hesitant to read it since it wasn't sci if. I guess I was worried that my opinion of my favorite author might be tarnished if I read a sub-par work in a genre that isn't his forte. So far I love the book. I guess it all depends on the way that an author writes. It seems that whatever genre Philip K. Dick writes in he still incorporates the vivid descriptions of people (low lifes, or borderline schizos mainly) and places that make his books so enjoyable and thought provoking. Although this book doesn't have any weird mind readers, time traveling scenarios, androids, or alien life forms in it, its still pretty darn good.
Best Author Ever

No comments: