Friday, March 13, 2009

My One And Only Album Cover

A few years back when I was shooting the "soon-to-be/ never-to-be" released Kool Keith Documentary, I had the privaledge of hanging out with some of Keith's Los Angeles counterparts. One such person who I happened to see quite often was H-Bomb aka Jacky Jasper, the foul mouthed Canadian MC who had an awesome guest spot on the legendary Dr. Dooom "First Come First Served" album. Being that I needed to interview people like Jacky, I always tried to help out in whatever small way I could in the world of Audio and Video. One such instance led to me being "hired" to shoot all of the photos for Jacky's new album, Jacky Who? We shot all of the photos in one night while walking around the Miracle Mile/ Mid WIlshire district. Despite being a total rookie at photography, I still think the album shots came out kind of cool, and despite not earning one cent for my help, I still look back on this as a fond memory. As you've probably already guessed, I was going for the low life/ street hustler vibe...
Jacky Jaspers Classic Album - Jacky Who?
The Original Photo That Graced The Cover
The Back Cover
The Original Photo For The Back Side

No comments: