Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Timeless 4 of 4 - CANCELLED!

I was super bummed this morning when I got an email notifying me that the grand finale Timeless show had been cancelled. Out of all the concerts, this was BY FAR, the one I was looking forward to THE MOST. It would have been the first live show by David Axelrod in Los Angeles (his home town) EVER, as far as I know, so it's pretty dissapointing to have this series go out on a sour note like this, after the prior 3 shows being simply amazing. Here is what the email said...

A few words from B+...

It is with saddened hearts that we must announce today that Timeless, the extraordinary musical series, has ended without its fourth installment.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the David Axelrod concert scheduled to take place on April 5, 2009 is now canceled. Pre-concert ticket purchasers for the show will be automatically refunded via credit/debit cards. Patrons who purchased tickets at the Harriet and Charles Luckman Fine Arts Complex box office should return to the theater for a refund.

On a personal note, I don't really know what to say - my arduous attempts to make this event a reality did not work out as planned. We had luminaries from as far away as Ethiopia and Brazil grace the Timeless stage; and to have to cancel a local legend in the end has been very difficult. Those of you who know me and know my personal relationship to David will know the enormity of my disappointment. Though we are unable to present our series in its entirety, it was still an undeniable success. From the composer-arrangers to our special guests to the incredible orchestra, we made history and breathtaking magic.

I would like to extend our complete gratitude to VTech - more personally Tom Bacon for taking this chance with us and sticking with it. Tom isn't one to want to be in the limelight but I can say that none of this would have been possible without him, his wisdom and patience.


Oh well, what can you do? At least I got to see the other 3 shows!

What A BUMMER!

No comments: