Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Jinx

I seriously can't even believe how crazy of a turnaround this NBA season has been for the Lakers. It went from Kobe being one step away from leaving, to seeming like he will be a Laker for life on a perrenial Championship caliber team. The outlook was so bleak in late October that I was about to cancel my season tickets, and I've had those since 2000! Thank God I didn't or I'd want to kill myself right about now. Which brings me to last nights game... The Lakers vs Suns game last night was epic! It had a playoff feel to it, and had bigtime implications on so many levels. Everything from the Kobe vs Shaq rivalry, to Shaqs first game as a Phoenix Sun, to the sole possession of 1st place in the Pacific Division was going on last night, and both teams brought it in a major way. After pulling out the victory in the end (after leading for most of the game and blowing a double digit lead) I think the Lakers are sitting pretty right now. They are a bonafide force to be reckoned with and in my opinion the team to beat in the West. I know this will probably jinx everything but Im predicting right now that the Lakers will win the NBA Championship this season and Kobe will get his first and long overdue MVP Award. There it is. I said it. Lakers 2007-2008 NBA Champs!!! Oh yeah here is a picture of Kobe throwing one down in last nights game after blowing by his defender. What a badass! GO LAKERS!!!
Booya!

No comments: