Thursday, February 28, 2008

If only it was 1987 again!

So lately I've been much more into heavy metal than usual. Im not exactly sure why but I guess it just takes me back to some fond memories of my youth, when I thought that Guns N' Roses were gods, when Iron Maiden and their "Satanic" ways had me scared shitless, and when being a sleazy glam rocker who wore spandex and makeup would get you tons of chicks (see below). Ahhhhh... those were the days! In the past few months I've seen Van Halen play at the Staples Center, Velvet Revolver play the Wiltern, and Iron Maiden play the Forum. In this same period of time I've also imported about 50 new heavy metal CDs from my friend Kris's collection, I've bought and beaten Guitar Hero 3 for PS3, I've read Slash's autobiography in about 5 sittings, started reading "Reckless Road: Guns N' Roses and the Making of Appetite for Destruction", bought a Van Halen Shirt and 2 Iron Maiden shirts, and also bought Iron Maiden's "Live After Death DVD". That might seem like a bit much already, but to top it all off, yesterday I shelled out another $360 for 4 Iron Maiden tickets at Irvine Meadows on May 31st. I just don't know what has gotten into me. Maybe... it's the work of the Devil.
This guy gets all the chicks!

No comments: