Monday, June 2, 2008

Riding Home

Since the cost of gas has continued to rise almost every day for the past few months, my girlfriend and I are trying out new methods of transportation and gas consumption strategies. We carpool to work together, and if she is the one driving us, I ride my bike back from Santa Monica to Chinatown Station and catch the Metro home the rest of the way. Well actually today was the first attempt at this... BUT, it worked like a charm and I made the 18.5 mile ride to Chinatown in about an hour and fifteen minutes. Not too bad considering it usually takes at least an hour to drive home, and then i still have to work out after that. This way it kills two birds with one stone and in much less time overall. I hope this new carpool and biking scheme continues to work out and helps save us money. We shall see...

No comments: