Monday, November 24, 2008

Drunken Whackos... You've Gotta Love 'Em!

Yesterday while I was getting my bike repaired at my favorite local bike shop, Incycle Pasadena, I shared in a classic Bum encounter with the staff. It was one of the most ridiculous things I have seen lately, and especially since it wasn't in Hollywood, or Downtown LA, it was all the more unusual. So lets begin... I walked into the store minding my own business, when I began to notice that all the staff had smirks on their faces and were kind of giving each other funny looks. Then from behind a rack of bikes I see this Lady, dressed in the latest Bum/Thug attire looking like Chris Rock in CB4 pop up and start giving the staff a piece of her mind. First it was that she didn't want one of they guys who appeared to be Armenian touching her bike at all. Apparently he had something to do with a terrorist cell, and his work couldn't be trusted, especially on something as important as her piece of shit bike. Then she kept throwing her $10 bill at the staff saying here's the money take it, I want to pay for my bike, take it! To which she was denied every time and told that she had to pay up front at the register, when the work on her bike was done. I guess she finally got the picture because she gave up, and then began to go into this whole long story about how her husband is some cross dressing transvestite. Apparently she discovered this when she found a ton of high heeled shoes in the closet when she was doing some cleaning, and now she's cool with it. Keep in mind that she was practically yelling the whole time she told this story, the store was packed, and there were young kids in the store as well. I don't think I've seen someone clear out a store much quicker than this lady did it, but I could see why people wanted to get out of there. BUT NOT ME! Nah... I wanted to leave, but they were still changing my tire. So then she starts talking about some weird lesbian biker shit and making innuendos about some of the bikes they had in the store. I'm telling you this lady was off her rocker! So me and some members of the staff began laughing our asses off, and I think the lady caught on. She started calling me a "Peckerwood" and was saying how she knows I live in a huge house and that she is glad it burned down in the fires last week, and started to get all irate. I began to wonder if I might have to knock this lady out, since it seemed like she was about to snap and attack me or anyone else within arms reach. Luckily at this point the guy working on her bike was "finished" with the work. Well I'm not sure if he really was or not, but she left almost immediately, so maybe he did that to get her the hell out of there. A few minutes later my bike was fixed and I went and paid the bill. The grand total wound up being $17 dollars. I though to myself, not too bad for a new tire and a comedy show...
Yes The Thug Bum Lady Shared A Strong Resemblance To Him

No comments: