Sunday, February 8, 2009

2009 Firecracker 10k Run

My fiance and I as well as my parents, and 3 of our friends ran and walked the 31st Annual Chinatown Firecracker 5K/ 10K. It had been pouring rain all week, but lucky for us we pretty much had great weather during the actual race. Out of about 3800 contestants in the 10K my friend Jeff and I finished in the top 20%, clocking in with 54 minute and change 10K's so we were both stoked. He beat me by about 20 seconds, but I had a major whiz on deck I had been holding since before the race even began so that's my excuse... haha. My fiance did great also and ran it in just over an hour. After the race we all met up at the beer garden and had some ice cold brews in the 40 degree weather and then took the metro home. It was definitely a fun event and we will be back here next year doing the same thing all over again.
Rise And Shine
The Crowd Begins To Thicken
The Furious Five
No Need To Run The 10K When I Can Carry You
Carrie & Danielle (But Not In That Order)
Munson Vs. Grunson
The Finish Line
Our Reward For Running The 10k

No comments: