Wednesday, March 12, 2008

VICE TV

So a little while back I bought a DVD called The Vice Guide To Travel. I had read an article somewhere that said it was a mind-blowing look into all sorts of cultures, countries, and scenes that people either (A) don't know about, (B) don't talk about, or (C) aren't really allowed to/ are afraid to talk about (within mainstream media anyways). Needless to say, it lived up to all the hype and was a real eye opener. I've watched it several times so far. Each time it's just as good. The only downside is that it clocks in for just over an hour, leaving you craving for more and a bit bewildered. I thought I'd just have to wait till the next DVD came out (whenever that might be) to see more footage of Pakistani arms markets, toothless Nazi hicks in Argentina, and Mutant game hunting in Chernobyl, along with a long list of other weird shit. But then a strange thing happened. A few months later I was surfing around on You Tube and saw a few clips on various topics that sparked my interest. All of them had been posted by VBS TV. What was this "VBS TV" I wondered, and why does everything they post kick so much ass? Low and behold I did some google searching and found out that "VBS TV" was Vice Magazine's Internet TV station. I also found out that it was already loaded with hours and hours of premium programming ready for my viewing enjoyment. Their topics cover everything from Norwegian Black Metal Documentaries, to North Korean Travelogues (how they got the footage out of North Korea is beyond me), to the Death Squads in Columbia that hunt down street urchins and firebomb the sewers. AND, every episode is always thought provoking and entertaining... GUARANTEED. Basically what Im trying to say is click on one of the links above and visit their site and watch some episodes. You won't be disappointed.
Gaahl of Gorgoroth, one of many subjects that VBS TV covers.

No comments: