Monday, March 17, 2008

Smile Now, Cry Later

Sunday is officially basketball day in my world. Not only do I play in a regular full court hoops group for 2+ hours every sunday morning, but 90% of the time the Lakers play a Sunday game, so for at least half the day everything I do involves basketball. Today was no different, however, 2 big issues were going to have to be dealt with in the world of basketball... (1) Has my knee recovered, or is my knee ruined and in need of medical assistance, and (2) will the Lakers snap Houston's 21 game win streak? Anyways, Im happy to report that with the help of my girlfriend's "knee-band" I was able to run and play full court hoops for 2 and a half hours this morning, relatively pain free. Hopefully my knee has recovered enough to not cause further problems anytime soon, since if I couldn't play hoops I'd probably go into a deep depression. First half of the day over. All goes according to plan. So far so good. On the other hand the Lakers (playing shorthanded again) lost a game that they should have won against the Rockets. Kobe has a bad shooting game, the Lakers get no calls from the refs, and they let Rafer "Skip To My Lou" Alston light them up from 3 point land for a career high, en route to a double digit victory. Thats all I want to say about that one. The weekend is almost over. Im going for a bike ride now.

No comments: