Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Night Stalker

In need of a good book to read, I was reminded of a book I had attempted to read about 10 years back but had failed. During my first attempt, I got seriously sketched out after only a few chapters and gave the book away. That was that. The book was The Night Stalker by Philip Carlo. Anyone who is my age or older and grew up in Southern California around the Glendale/ Pasadena/ Burbank area will definitely remember this guy. The Night Stalker basically had all of So Cal on pins and needles for a year or two, committing brutal murder after murder. Then when you also throw in his Satanic element it basically guaranteed that paranoia would be everywhere. I remember seeing the police drawing of him at the local Taco Bell, and being scared as hell that he would pay our house a visit on some unfortunate evening. During this time I was so scared that I slept on a cot in my parents bedroom, and my parents, as many other people around So Cal did, added extra locks to nearly every door in the house, making sure there was no way possible a break in could happen without us being woken up. Those were some truly frightening times... Anyways, in the spirit of freaking myself out once again and rekindling some old memories I decided to pick the book up and give it another go. Let's just say that it is a major page turner. Since starting last night I'm already about 200 pages in and cant wait to read more. So if you are a fan of true crime novels like myself, and want to read one of the freakiest books that actually took place right in our own backyards, pick this book up. You won't be dissapointed.
The "Star" of the Story

No comments: