Saturday, June 13, 2009

Foggy MTB Mania

Days like today are what Mountain Biking is all about. New trails, new friends, some epic scenery, and some white knuckle riding... The funny thing is that I came super close to not even riding today! You see, a few weeks ago upon the advice of my fiancee, I joined MeetUp.com, yet another social networking site. However, this one actually serves a purpose, by linking up like minded people who are interested in certain hobbies. In this case, mine is Mountian Biking. So being a bit sketched out in general about meeting people over the internet, I was being super wishy washy about agreeing to go on a ride. Was I going to be the new guy that didn't fit in? Was I going to hold the group up due to my skills not being advanced enough? Was I going to get lost in the forest on a super foggy day, and be left for dead? Who knows, but eventually I gave in and RSVP'd for the Mount Wilson To Chantry ride, and it turned out to be so much cooler than I ever imagined. We all had a blast and celebrated our return to civilization with some beers at the Delerium Cafe. Now thats what I call an afternoon well spent.
Loading Up The Bikes
Almost Ready To Roll
DAMN its foggy up here!
Unloading At Mt. Wilson Observatory
And Away We Go
Brett Turning The Corner
Matt Single Trackin'
Chris aka Our Trusty Guide, About To Hit The Switch
This Trail Was Sooooooo Fun
Laughing It Off While Climbing A Super Steep Fire Road
Done Deal, We Made it Back Safe & Sound

MORE PICTURES AND STORY COMING SOON!

No comments: